Not your typical classroom, room 815 is a place to discover - learn - and understand. Students are provided personalized learning time opportunities in which they plan, monitor, and track their own progress. With the assistance of Mrs. Barrett, students in room 815 will gain 21st century skills in communication, creativity, innovation, collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, character development, and citizenship WHILE enhancing literacy skills.
Each day we spend time reading independently, writing (either through modeling texts or researching the world around us), studying the writer's craft, creating original work, and sharing what we read and write.
Above all, we learn to LAKER UP. A LAKER is one that:
- Learns to advocate for self
- Always shifts strategies when needed
- Keeps up with and seeks individual challenges
- Encourages each other as we persist in goal setting and learning
- Responds appropriately to setbacks
Daily, our relationships in Laker Nation strengthen as we learn and grow.
We hope you grow with us!