March 13th 2020
Wow! I can safely say I wasn’t expecting this change and the shut down for two weeks when I went home Thursday!
They say when they give you lemons, you make lemonade.
Here are the lemons…..
Ms. Johnson has asked us to send the Calloway County letter (second page in this packet) to you explaining services and plans over the dismissal/shut down/whatever they’re calling it.
The third page is a parent letter for Moby Max with your child’s log-in information. This can be accessed and used on computers, laptops, or phones with internet capabilities. It works best on computers or laptops because of screen size.
The fourth page is a copy of modifications, accommodations, and supports you can provide at home working with your child. Most can do this on their own with verbal prompting.
As part of your child’s plans for the next two weeks, I plan to assign them the following:
- Moby Max-20 minutes per subject per day in the following subjects:
- Sight Words
- Social Studies
- Daily Alternate Assessment packets
Related Services (Speech, OT, PT)
- Speech-Ms. Pam has asked that the kids work on Lesson 1 (3/18) and Lesson 2 (3/25) from “Soft Skills to Pay the Bills” (LAST PART OF THE PACKET)
- Walk…..walk, walk, walk, and walk some more! Does wonders for you, your health, and your body.
- PT/OT-Amber and Kat may contact you individually, but for students with exercises at school, items will be sent home for them to do at home.
Calloway County has us available Monday through Friday the next two weeks from 7:30 to 3:30. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call or email.