Registration & Enrollment is conducted at the specific school site.
To comply with Kentucky law, each child shall have the following documents on file prior to school attendance:
- A copy state issued certificate from the Vital Statistics Office is required
- Copies of the hospital record of birth or wallet cards cannot be accepted
- An online application process is available to those needing a KY certified copy, or use this printable application or obtain by mail
Certificate of Immunization
- Must be on a KY Certificate of Immunization Status signed by a Medical or Osteopathic Physician or a Health Department Employee
- Certificates from other states should be transferred to a KY Certificate by your physician’s office or by the Calloway County Health Department (located at 602 Memory Lane., Murray, KY 42071, (270) 753-3381 phone, (270) 753-8455 fax)
- All required immunizations must be up-to-date
Physical (Proof of a Preventative Health Care Examination)
- Must be documented on the KY Preventative Health Care Exam Form. Must be conducted within twelve (12) months prior to initial entry into the school program.
- A second preventative health care examination is required within one (1) year prior to entry into the sixth (6th) grade. It must also be documented on the KY Preventative Health Care Exam Form.
- Must be documented on the Kentucky Eye Examination Form for School Entry and the examination must be performed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist
- Children are best served by having this completed prior to enrollment; however, the statute specifies that this be on file no later than January 1 of the first year that a three (3), four (4), five (5), or six (6) year old child is enrolled in school
- Must be documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form for School Entry and the examination must be performed by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant.
- The completed form shall be presented to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a five (5) or six (6) year old is enrolled in public school.
Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of the original card.
Visit http://education.ky.gov/districts/shs/pages/health-forms.aspx for more information on the required health forms.