In the 1990 legislative session, the Kentucky legislature passed the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA). KERA established School Based Decision Making (SBDM) Councils as the way of school governance by KRS 160.345.
School councils promote shared leadership among those who are closest to the students. Membership of each council includes parents, teachers and an administrator of the school. The council has the responsibillity to set school policy and make decisions outlined in statute which shall provide an environment to enhance student achievement and help meet the goals established in KRS 158.645 and 158.6451.
SBDM Council Members
- Christopher King, Principal and Chair
- Sharon Bobo, Parent Representative
- Jim Foster, Parent Representative
- John Larkin, Teacher Representative
- Amanda Potts, Minority Parent Representative
- Molly Ross, Teacher Representative
- Katy Walls, Secretary and Teacher Represntative
- John Williams, Vice Chair and Teacher Representative